Internet has made it possible to buy and sell everything online. This is certainly the main reason behind growing popularity of ecommerce business. According to a recent study conducted on ecommerce growth in India, it is the best time to create an ecommerce site.
What is the Procedure?
If you have decided to start an ecommerce website in India, you first need to grab following four important things.
- A Catalogue
- E-commerce Platform or Cart
- Payment Gateways
- Reliable and Fast Shipping Services
You first need to choose a product catalogue. You must choose a catalogue keeping the user interface in mind. There are tons of options available to go with when it comes to choosing product catalogues. Hence, before making a concluding decision, you must thoroughly analyse every aspect and your needs.
It is certainly the second most important point to consider while creating an ecommerce website. Choosing the right ecommerce platform is needed if you want to get success in the world of online business. Hence, you need to choose a right platform keeping your business requirements and budget in mind. Some of the most popular ecommerce platforms include:
Having selected product catalogue and ecommerce cart or platform, you need to choose a right payment gateway solutions. However, there are lots of options available to go with when it comes to choosing payment gateways but finding the right one is certainly the most difficult task to accomplish.
- Choose payment gateways as per your business needs.
- Consider security.
- Choose a feature-rich option.
Now, come to the final step i.e. choosing shipping services. There’re lots of options available to go with, including FedEx, DTDC, UPS, First Flight, BlueDart, Gati, Aramex, etc. Therefore, if you are going to choose a shipping service for your online business, you must know a few important points.
- Always choose reliable, fast and notable shipping services.
- It is better if you choose cash on delivery model or COD as it easily gains end user’s trust.
- Choose an affordable option.
What Are the Hottest Selling Products?
Choosing right products is certainly the most important point to consider while creating an ecommerce site. Therefore, you must choose products, which are high in demand. Do you want to know about hottest selling products? If yes, then have a look at stated below top selling products.
Electronic items such as mobile phones, CDs, television, and such other products are considered the best choice.
Travel tickets such as hotel tickets, airline tickets and railway tickets are also best option to sell. You can also include bus tickets to this list.
It is certainly the most lucrative product to go with when it comes to starting an online business in India.
Gift & Accessories
Gifts as well as modern accessories, including handbags, handbags, perfumes, shoes, etc. are also very popular among young population in India.
Clothing & Apparel
Almost every e-commerce website in India offer clothing and apparel. So, you must go with this option. It is better if you choose certain niche.
Real estate services allow you buying and selling properties. Choose this niche if you want to earn huge money.
Additional tips and Ideas on How to Start an ecommerce Website.
- You must always sell items or products with quality. You must avoid selling substandard items.
- You must do proper marketing to promote your online business as competition is tough.
- Don’t forget creating an ecommerce site with easy to navigate user interface.
- Select the most secured payment gateway.
- You must avoid selling everything on your site instead you must sell a few targeted products.
- Hire an experienced professional to get your site designed.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of shipments as that is going to be a big challenge.
- Create a content-rich blog to promote your website.
- Don’t forget adding product descriptions and reviews to your site. Remember, by adding quality, genuine and unbiased reviews, you can derive huge human traffic towards your niche site.
- You also need to take care of the personal information of your customers.
- Hire experienced, skilled and certified people to promote your business online.
These are some of the ways to start an ecommerce website in India.