Koko Analytics Review: A Privacy-Focused Stats for WordPress
Koko Analytics is a privacy-focused stats for them who are looking for easy to use analytics or statistics plugin for their WordPress blogs. As a blogger what one wants is basic details about traffic statistics of his blog and Koko Analytics fulfills those requirements as a simple plugin that is lightweight on server resources.
If you think Google Analytics is slow, tracks too much data, spam referrers are uncontrollable then you definitely need a better alternative, why not give a try to Koko Analytics.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of Koko Analytics.
Advantages of Koko Analytics
- Koko Analytics offers exactly what a blogger needs – Pageviews and Referrers details.
- You have the option to enable or disable cookies. However, disabling cookies may result in inaccurate details for returning users but this feature is useful for most webmasters.
- You can easily delete all the statistic data. Since everything is stored in your WordPress database (in different tables) you have full control over your site’s analytics data. You can even hold the data always, set to “0” to disable automatic deletion under “Automatically delete data older than how many months?”.
- Koko Analytics is a lightweight plugin, it uses your server resources but that has a negligible footprint. If your blog is hosted on a shared server even then it won’t affect the performance of your blog.
- You can better option to exclude pageviews from WordPress logged in user roles, which is a useful feature.
Disadvantages of Koko Analytics
- Koko Analytics doesn’t track too much data like IP address, location, browser, and device details. If you really need that information then this plugin is definitely not for you.
- It is a self-hosted analytics plugin available inside the WordPress dashboard only, which means you can not see analytics stats without logging in to your WP Dashboard.
If you do not like giving too much data to Google and looking for a privacy-focused analytics tool, then this plugin has everything for you. Just understand that you won’t be able to track too much information.