How do PHP developers give life to a website?
In today’s technological world, businesses have access to a large number of programming languages to construct websites and apps, including Python, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Node, C#, C, and C++, PHP, etc. However, most businesses prefer to hire PHP developers for web development, as it’s an open-source and flexible coding language.
Additionally, according to the usage statistics, PHP has been used around 78.4% of all websites.
It simply means, 8 out of 10 websites are built using PHP.
Why is PHP still popular for web development?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a general-purpose scripting language, used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. Furthermore, it is the first server-side language embedded into HTML.
In simple terms, it’s easy to add functionality to web pages without calling external data.
Moreover, it’s been more than 25 years since PHP is available in the market and still, the charm of the programming language continues to impress the web development industry and programmers with regular upgrades, incredible features, and new capabilities. Though PHP has definitely slipped down in ranking, it’s still used by 80% of websites globally, including major platforms like WordPress and Facebook.
Core Features of PHP.
Explore the core features of PHP:
- Performance — It is much faster to execute PHP scripts than scripts written in other languages, like JSP and ASP. Since PHP uses its own memory, a corresponding reduction in server workload and loading time is automatically achieved, leading to faster processing speeds.
- Open source — There is no charge to use PHP’s source code and software. All of its components are free to download and use, and you can customize them according to your needs.
- Familiarity with the code syntax — PHP’s syntax is easy to understand, so programmers feel comfortable using it.
- Embedded — It is possible to embed PHP code within HTML tags and scripts.
- Independent platform — A PHP application developed in one OS can easily be executed in another OS as well. PHP is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX operating systems.
- Database support — In PHP, most of the major databases are supported, including MySQL, SQLite, and ODBC.
- Error reporting — During runtime, PHP automatically generates an error notice or warning if an error is encountered.
- Loosely typed language — PHP allows the use of datatype-free variables. The data type will be taken automatically at execution based on the data the variable contains.
- Web servers support — PHP runs on almost all local servers and that includes Apache, Netscape, Microsoft IIS, etc.
- Security — In order to protect a website from threats and malicious attacks, PHP is a secure language to develop with. It contains multiple layers of security.
- Control — Unlike other programming languages, PHP can accomplish the same task with only a few lines of code. It also gives you a great deal of control over your website since you can make easy changes whenever you wish.
- Community — Several large communities contribute documentation, tutorials, online help, and FAQs. This is a significant benefit because it makes it easier to learn PHP.
Major advantages of PHP usage.
For web development, PHP is commonly used. Moreover, PHP is capable of developing dynamic websites easily. Furthermore, there are numerous advantages of using PHP for web development. However, other coding languages and technologies are equally important to learn.
- PHP can handle dynamic content, database as well as session tracking for the website.
- By PHP, it’s effortless to create sessions.
- PHP access cookie variables and set cookies.
- PHP is useful to encrypt the data and apply validation.
- PHP supports many protocols, for e.g. HTTP, POP3, SNMP, LDAP, IMAP, and many more.
- By using PHP, it’s easy to control the access to some pages of the website for users.
- PHP is easy to install and set up.
- PHP can be embedded into HTML.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is a simple and easy-to-learn language.
- PHP doesn’t require any compilation.
- PHP is faster than other scripting languages
- Using PHP, you can collect information from users through forms, save it in the database, and return useful data to the user.
Pros of Building Website in PHP.
Since PHP has entered the industry, it’s one of the most versatile coding languages. With its remarkable features, a wide range of add-ins to expand functionality, and excellent online community support, PHP has become a perennial favorite amongst newly-trained developers as well as established agencies around the globe.
Major Benefits of Web Development in PHP:
- PHP developers can scale systems more easily using frameworks.
- Rapid development is guaranteed with the MVC model.
- Frameworks make it easier for web applications to protect themselves against common threats.
- A principle called ‘Don’t repeat yourself’ optimizes code for minimal complexity.
Comparison of PHP with other coding languages.
Even the most experienced web developers get dizzy when selecting the best programming language among hundreds of options. However, every PHP developer is well aware of the popularity of PHP for its easy and flexible nature.
Aside from its simplicity, ease of learning, and faster approach, PHP offers many advantages over other complex programming languages. PHP is an open-source language, which makes web development more productive and more interactive.
PHP vs. React.
PHP vs. .Net.
The .NET framework allows developers to build and run web, mobile, and windows-based applications. There is no coding language that can perform as efficiently and as fast as PHP, in comparison with .Net, which exhibits poor performance when compiling and executing code. As a result, people tend to prefer PHP instead of .Net.
In the end, we would say that it completely depends on your requirements which technology, programming, or coding language is the best. As, it’s all about how well the website functions for the end-users, instead of which latest or advanced technology is used to build the website. Moreover, the success of a business highly relies on simple yet robust websites and PHP is a great source to achieve such requirements.
Still, if you have some sort of doubts about which programming language you should opt for the development of a website, then count on the best web development company.