The modern market needs young professionals, but as a rule, most of them remain in the shadow. So the question arises – how can a young specialist get ahead in the labor market and in business?
Interestingly, in Europe, the US, you can meet young top managers, chairman of the banks, the business owners and managers. Their average age is not more than 28-35 years. As a rule, this is a very educated class of people, the work of which began as early as the beginning of their student’s life, and sometimes even earlier.
Ambitious in spirit, they spent time of their youth for a diversified experience, which then they ventured to use, often with little experience in the area, they are now specialized in. They know how to take risks, but always remained consistently loyal to the business rationality. From the early age, such people know the value of their intellect and time, they use online essay help, have a rigorous schedule and never underestimate their potential. They are successful young people graduating from the best colleges like Harvard business school, getting their business degree and working on the international arena.
However, there is another category of young professionals: being good or very good students, sometimes even with special honors, they were recognized as the favorites among students. However, as a rule, they are struggling to find a good job: for one they are “too good”, for the other (where practical experience is needed) is not suitable. The result is unsuccessful search for the job in their field does not work out or they start working something else rather than their specialty.
Another category of young professionals can be considered as those who came to the institution of higher education and got disappointed very early especially in the opportunity to get “right ” education and preferred learning by practice, or for economic reasons, were forced most of their academic time to devote themselves to the resolution of financial difficulties .
By the end of the academic time they at least know how to do something, and for a long time to earn, and thus potentially have the best possible start for a job after graduation. However, this category of young professionals expects considerable difficulties: their theoretical training is scarce and non-systemic and practical skills are usually limited in scope.
Thus, although modern market really needs young and ambitious specialists, in general, they are prepared for little practice. In addition to the lack of development of vocational education, general cultural and general scientific outlook, technical incompetence and poor understanding of the mechanisms of action of the labor market, they are hampered by their own infantilism, which at the time of the student’s life and the first time after graduation, manifests itself in these phenomena.
Firstly, there is a fear of the decrease of the self-esteem, which implies a desire to delay the moment of encounter with the realities of the professional activity and the labor market.
Secondly, a faith in the naive assumption that “everybody is waiting for me” or fear of the stereotype that “it is hard to get ahead for a young person”.
Thirdly, a lot of young people are with a hope of “safe employment” through the efforts of parents, acquaintances, friends, university bonds.
Fourth, compensation for the lack of professional experience in public activity, the role of the “good student” or open disregard to get a consistent education.
Fifthly, the inability to use the opportunity to gain volunteer experience.
Sixth, the inability to commence perspective relations in terms of further professional advancement while in the University.
All of the above are common features of infantilism, occurring in young specialists. They are internal, subjective obstacles on the way to adulthood, personal, social and professional maturity.
In the mind of a young man, there is usually a model of external barriers and limitations. However, in reality, they exist in the inner world of man and are caused by his reluctance to leave the sweet abode of dreams and the dreams of a beautiful future, built with the hands of a good magician and deal with social competition, and hence with the need each time to confirm their right to live in society, acting on the economic laws.
What strategy to choose to be tomorrow professional in-demand?
Important “forma mentis” for a young man: not to approach life with a thought “Everybody owns me, because I’m young” but with a humble focus on independent and responsible management of their own lives, professional self-realization, readiness for a long period of apprenticeship, and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills independently.
It will be useful for the young man to devote the first few years to the mastering of fundamentals of science which he studies, always paying close attention to the related fundamental discipline, native and foreign languages.
Having won the “impeccable reputation”, he can begin moving in the proper direction, following the logic of double standards. It is necessary to develop a sensitivity to the living source of excellence in other people and be very attentive to any of its manifestations. It is necessary to start to actively try yourself as a professional and to learn to be honest with yourself in assessing the level of your professionalism.
How to carry out a successful self-management of personal and professional development for a young specialist?
- When establishing a business relationship get accustomed to test every business contact with the following questions: Will this relationship bring the desired profits?, “ Will I get money, health, new constructive experience, and become a more mature as a person with these relationships?
- To be able to arouse interest in partners towards yourself and your ideas, make a good impression, attract interlocutors by your style of business communication and justify the expectations. Be flexible, but clear in defining the terms of cooperation. Not to be ashamed to call the value of your services: it stimulates you to justify it through the constant improvement of the quality of work.
- In the development of business relations to constantly monitor the results of business contacts and their dynamics. No need to feel illusions, if there is a sense of internal waste of time and effort. There are always other markets. To offer the best service in partnership with the really valuable people.To be able to serve the partner as VIP-clients. This gives business contacts a unique charm and adds confidence in their long-term stability.
- To approach business partners not too emotionally, to maintain a distance, giving more freedom in dealing with economic issues.
- Upon termination of the relationship , maintain elegance without undermining neither your nor your partner reputation.
- To develop PR it is important to be able to: constantly monitor new people, looking from the point of view of the development of business contacts with them; provided at the right time in the right place (when and where and when decisions are made, separated powers, discussed plans for the future); to create a good reputation for the right people (sometimes – openly, sometimes – unbeknownst to them); not to present valuable ideas for nothing, and manage their implementation from the perspective of the benefits for yourself and for the business relationship.
Intuition in the professional development of young professionals becomes a source of inspiration, a healthy adventure and courage in making decisions. However, technical competence, the ability to implement ideas to make choices are also very important.
The young man needs an inner wisdom, courage and humility to determine its own, authentic life strategy. It is extremely important figure your Master or a role-model, and here intuition plays a leading role.