You have just started your business and you are very excited. But customers are not turning up or knocking on your door? Probably they don’t know about it.
No matter how good knowledge you have about public relations and marketing but getting your business noticed is not an easy task. You need to ensure that the marketing reaches the targeted audience and it also fits in your budget. Always prefer the route less traveled so that your business stands out from the crowd.
01. Recognize Your Audience
- Know the “who”: You need to know about the people who will enjoy your product.
- Know the “how”: Try to reach them through various marketing strategies.
02. Set Up a Website
- For a successful business nowadays, it is necessary to have a website.
- Start writing blogs for your website. If people will like the blogs, they’ll visit your website even more and you will have repeat visitors.
- Always ensure that you have a fresh content on it and not a copied one.
- If you already have one, make sure you make the most of it.
03. Social Media
- Set up a page on Twitter, Facebook and GooglePlus.
- Look for all the groups and pages that are related to your product and get involved in their conversation.
- Have a good description so that people can easily link to your website.
- Keep uploading photos and status to tell your customers about the latest happenings in your company.
- Keep offering discounts on the page so that you become known in the business world.
- Always ask for feedback from your followers as it will help you in further improvement.
04. E-mail Marketing
- The first step should be to forward email to your friends, family and colleagues announcing the launch of your business. Also, ask them to forward it to others.
- You can ask other companies for an opt-in list. It is list of people who have requested to get information about a particular topic related to your business. Forward an e-mail to them.
- NEVER send an unwanted e-mail (spam) to people you don’t know or who did not request to receive information from you.
05. Make a Remarkable Business Card
- Business card are quite cheap and an amazing strategy to make people remember your business.
- When you meet people at a social gathering and them seem interested in your business give them your business card.
- They might tell their friends and promote your business.
- If you have a bulletin board where you can put up your business card, ask them if you can add yours.
- Always mention about your website on your business card so that people can easily know more about you.
06. Try Winning an Award
- You can easily enter an industry award competition.
- Submit your application and if you succeed then local press might take your interview. This is another way to promote your business.
- This way you can get respect from your customers and they will become confident about using your product.
07. Write a Press Release
- Send a press release about your business and how it is different from others.
- Try targeting all the related magazines, radio, websites and newspaper.
- This could take a lot of time so ensure that it is attractive and people would want to look at it.
08. Converting Customers into Marketers
- Probable customers are more likely to use your product if it is recommended by their friend.
- Turn your customers into brand ambassadors of your company.
- Launch schemes saying that the more customers they get for you, the more discount they’ll get.
- This way they will always be praising you and you will get more customers in this process.
09. Build a Partnership
- If you have started a new business, try integrating with an already existing one.
- This way you will get the list of their customers and you can build your network.
- You can get advice from them if they have a similar business.
10. Trade Shows
- They are the most powerful way to drive customers up to you as they are held for short runs and bring thousands of customers to you in a single day.
- There are probably many trade shows in your industry. You can choose the one that fits you the best and is worth visiting.
The above strategies can help you run your business and get enormous customers.